The Wonder of Christmas
As I woke up this morning with Christmas only two days away, I asked myself "How will this Christmas be different?" All the traditions, gifts, and time spent with family and friends fade with the comparison in taking time to reflect on the wonder of Christmas.
Maybe what God really desires is a quiet walk to contemplate the amazing thing that happened when He sent Christ to become as we are in the flesh. God loved us enough to step into time and history to demonstrate that He intimately knows our condition. Our world is fallen and I wrestle with sin, greed, lust, and pride. For Christ to come in the humblest of circumstances to be born in a stable to a young mother and give up His glory for us is amazing. He became poor for us so that we could experience someday the riches of His glory in heaven. WOW! He did that for me!
And so as I conclude this blog entry I too must pause in wonder and awe at the cost Jesus paid for me. I rejoice and give Him praise and glory and honor for coming into my life and entering a world that was hopeless without Him. Glory to God in the Highest!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home